Posted By Mrs. Wayne Hunter on April 12, 2010
Here are some things that a wife and mother can do to add much beauty to her home without spending money. While many things listed may seem small or quite trivial, the beauty they can add turns out to be quite much.
- See that she and the children are nicely dressed and groomed daily.
- Keep a clean, organized home.
- Thoroughly clean the furniture. The shine and beauty adds a lot to a room.
- Wash, iron if needed, and re-hang curtains and perhaps even apply a little perfume to them so that when the wind blows a beautiful, soft scent does, too.
- Thoroughly wash the walls. This can brighten a home tremendously.
- Wash down the kitchen cabinetry.
- Fill an old basket with interesting items, magazines, books, etc. and set it out.
- Check for old, unfinished cross stitch or painting items, finish them, and hang them.
- Look through existing fabrics on hand and see if there’s anything there that can be sewn together to make home decorations such as couch pillows, curtains, a valance, a table runner, place mats, or a wall hanging.
- Go through older home decoration items and see if any of them may be usable. If one has paint or other craft items already on hand, maybe she could re-do or make some of the old decorations into something new.
- Use beautiful or pretty blankets, quilts, or throws as chair and couch coverings.
Making the most of what one has is full of blessings. There’s the happiness of working with one’s own hands; the mental uplifting, learning, and building of creativity; the physical blessings of the physical activity involved; and the wholesome pride of being frugal, just to name a few.
Have you found Beautiful Womanhood helpful? Please consider supporting our efforts. Any purchase made through our Affiliate Links, helps us continue operating. Or visit our donation page to find out how you can become an important part of preserving Beautiful Biblical Womanhood.